Do I need to register the partner and/or child(ren) of an employee for the partner’s/orphan’s pension?

13 Sep 2017

No, that is not necessary. We use the “onbepaalde partner” (unknown partner) scheme. This means that the partner’s and orphan’s pension is insured during the employment, but that the partner and child(ren) do not need to be registered for this. At the time of death or divorce, we check, on the basis of the Basisregistratie Personen (Municipal Personal Records Database) (former GBA), who the partner and/or children are. We will then contact any surviving dependents. Article 1 of the pension regulations defines who is within the scope of the definition of partner.